Deep Fried Soybean Snack is made from soaked and deep-fried soya beans – the wonder food that is loaded with health. It is said that for optimal health, eat soya.
With just a sprinkling of chilli powder, chaat masala and salt it transforms into an amazing snack. Serve mixed with chopped onions and a spurt of lemon juice to further enhance the taste and flavour of the soya.
Soya is an excellent source of dietary fibre and protein. However, it is advised to take minimal amounts of soya in its natural state. It lowers blood pressure and cholesterol in men.
1 cup soyabean
oil for deep-frying
1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp baking soda
lemon juice to taste
- Soak soybeans in water for 8-10 hours. While soaking add soda.
- Drain and dry in the shade for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in the kadhai and deep fry till light brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and transfer in a bowl.
- Add the chilli powder, salt and chaat masala and mix well.
- While serving you can add finely chopped onions, lemon juice and finely chopped coriander leaves.