This is a healthy and nutritious green soup. A sumptuous soup that reflects the freshness of its ingredients, the green soup presents the complementary flavours of leafy vegetables, capsicum and peas perked up further with ingredients like spring onion and pepper. Start your meal with this appetising soup, or have it as a snack in between meals.
Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, magnesium, iron, vitamin C, vitamin B2, calcium, potassium, and vitamin B6. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, copper, protein, phosphorous, zinc and vitamin E too.
Spring onions are a rich source of flavonoids, substances known to provide protection against cardiovascular disease. Spring onions helps destroy worms and other parasites in the stomach.
Dill leaves are also a flavorful way to help prevent bone loss.
Capsicum helps normalise blood pressure, improve circulation, and increase the production of saliva and stomach acids to aid digestion.
Fenugreek is a great tonic food- tones the tissues of the body.
1 cup chopped spinach
1 cup chopped fenugreek leaves
1/2 cup chopped spring onions
1/2 cup chopped coriander
1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
1 tbsp chopped dill leaves
1/2 cup chopped capsicum
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 slit green chilli
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
1 tsp butter
- Blanch all the leafy vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Remove them from the hot water and put it back into the cold water.
- Boil green peas and capsicum for 10 minutes.
- Now take a mixer and grind all the ingredients except butter, pepper and salt.
- Remove the contents in a deep pan and add the required amount of water to make soup consistency.
- Boil for 5-10 minutes after adding salt.
- Then add the pepper and butter. Serve steaming hot!