Cluster beans are rich in dietary fibre. Studies show that a diet rich in dietary fibre lowers blood cholesterol levels. A cup of cooked cluster beans contains nearly 110 calorie. Most of the pod is protein, while the seeds are largely carbohydrate-rich.
10 to 12 cluster beans (finely chopped)
2 small green chillies
1 tbsp roasted powdered peanuts
salt to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp chopped coriander
2 tsp oil
For The Tempering
2 tsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
a pinch of turmeric powder
- Take a kadhai and put oil in it. When the oil is hot put the finely chopped cluster beans and green chillies and saute for 2 to 3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Then add half cup of water and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally or until soft.
- Grind the above mixture.
- Then add groundnut powder, salt and mix well.
- Take a small pan and heat oil and add the mustard seeds, turmeric powder and asafoetida.
- Put this tadka (tempering) on the above chutney. Serve with Indian bread, rice, etc.