This salad features a unique combination of fruits and sweet potato. Papaya, banana, chickoo, dry fruits, musk melon and cardamom with a dash of honey and powdered sugar adds a twist to the traditional fruit salad.
Sweet potato is the richest low-fat source of vitamin E. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A. They are also a very good source of vitamin C and manganese. It contributes to heart health and is a good source of dietary antioxidants. It can help to regulate high blood pressure and also helps anaemia.
Packed with sugars and fibre, it is a quick energy giver! It is therefore advisable to have bananas in the mornings, to get a full energy boost! Bananas help restore normal bowel movements. Pectin present in banana helps normalise movement through the digestive tract. This also makes it an ideal food for growing children.
Figs are also used for medicinal purposes as a diuretic and laxative. They are an excellent remedy for Piles. 2 or 3 dried figs soaked in hot water overnight, taken early morning works best. They give comfort to people suffering from Asthma.
2 cups thinly sliced sweet potato
1/4 cup chopped papaya
1/4 cup chopped musk melon
1/4 cup chopped chickoo
1/4 cup sliced bananas
5 dried figs
10 chopped cashewnuts
10 chopped almonds
1 tbsp chopped raisins
1 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp powdered sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Peel and thinly slice the sweet potatoes.
- Take a nonstick pan and put ghee in it.
- When ghee becomes hot, put the sliced sweet potatoes and saute for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Then keep aside,let it cool.
- Now wash peel and cut all the fruits into small cubes. Keep aside.
- Chop all the dry fruits except the raisins.
- Then, take a big bowl and put the sauteed sweet potato slices, all the fruits, all the chopped nuts, raisins, figs, honey and cardamom powder.
- Mix well and serve.
Note : You can use the fruits of your choice.