This is very tasty curry which is loved by all. The okra is stuffed with roasted peanut powder and spices to make a wholesome dish. The perfect stuffing adds a lot of flavour to the okra curry. You will love this dish irrespective of whether you usually like okra or not.
Okra is a green vegetable and consists of good amounts of vitamin A, required for growth and repair of skin as well as maintain vision. There are also fair amounts of vitamin C in okra, which boost immunity. There are good amounts for dietary fiber present, hence it is low in calories and considered good for people trying to lose weight.
250 gms okra/ladies finger (bhindi)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
4 tbsp roasted peanuts powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
salt to taste
a pinch turmeric powder
1 1/2 tbsp oil (for cooking)
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 1/2 tsp oil (for stuffing)
a pinch asafoetida
- Combine the peanut powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder,salt and 1 tsp oil and mix well. Keep aside.
- Wash the ladies finger and dry it completely. Remove the stalk and cut slit the okra in the middle.
- Fill the each okra with above filling.
- Take a kadhai and put oil,when oil becomes hot put mustard seeds when mustard seeds crackle put hing and turmeric powder. Then immediately put okra in it.
- Cook on the medium heat stirring occasionally until done.
- You can add the filling if it is left after filling the okra while cooking.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!