Instead of eating sandwiches, this is a spectacular option if you want a delicious light snack! Ready in a minute, but lip-smacking, this dish is just perfect for breakfast or a snack. The flavour of Indian spices and bread makes a wonderful snack!
Breads are high in carbohydrates, and hence a good source of energy. Switching from white bread to whole wheat bread helps relieve constipation. Eating a slice of bread before bedtime is known promote sleep.
3 cups crumbled bread
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch turmeric powder
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp coriander seeds powder
2 tsp peanuts
a few curry leaves
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp chaat masala
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the peanuts and mustard seeds.
- When the peanuts turn light brown in colour, remove from the flame and keep aside for 2 minutes.
- Add the asafoetida, curry leaves, chilli powder, roasted coriander and cumin seeds powder, salt and scrambled bread and mix well.
- Then put it back on the gas and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander,lemon juice and chaat masala.