The various spices used to make this dish add their own distinct flavours which combine to form a flavour like none other. This is a very famous North Indian dish specially formulated to please food lovers! The gravy has a very creamy and thick mouth-feel; and the added green peas and cottage cheese add texture to the recipe.
Paneer is a good source of calcium, which helps build strong bones and teeth, and also prevents osteoporosis. It is a rich storehouse of nutrients too. Since paneer is a high-protein food, it must be included in meal plans.
Green peas are a very good source of vitamin K and dietary fiber. Green peas also serve as a very good source of folic acid and a good source of vitamin B6.
1 cup boiled green peas (mutter)
1 cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
3 blanched and peeled tomatoes
2 sliced onions
1 tbsp curds
1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
a pinch turmeric powder
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp sugar
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cardamom, onions and turmeric and saute till the onions become light brown in colour.
- Add the blanched and peeled tomatoes and cook for two minutes.
- Add the curds and half cup water.
- Transfer into a mixer and add sugar, cornflour and grind to a fine paste.
- Put this back into the kadhai and add chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder, salt, green peas, garam masala and paneer cubes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and serve hot with any kind of roti or rice.