This is a substitute for pickle and tastes good with any dish. It is sweet and sour and is very healthy. Is is a great accompaniment for chapati, rice, paratha, etc.
Green tomatoes are also high in vitamin C (concentrated the most in the juice sacs surrounding the seeds) and contain goodly amounts of potassium, iron, dietary fiber, phosphorus, vitamin A and vitamin B.
4 medium green tomatoes
2 green chillies
2 tbsp roasted powdered peanut
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp chopped coriander
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- Wash and cut the green tomatoes, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Take kadhai and heat the oil, add the tomatoes and green chillies cook till they become soft.
- Remove from the flame and add the groundnut powder,sugar and grind in the mixer.
- Take a bowl put the chutney.
- Make a tadka with 1 tsp oil, mustard seeds, hing, turmeric powder and mix with the above chutney.