Veg Pulao is a tasty Indian delicacy which can be prepared for any meal and for any occasion. It has the mind-blowing flavours of green chilli, mint, coriander and many other vegetables! This dish guarantees to delight if served hot and fresh with curd or raita!
Rice is a great source of carbohydrates, which are broken down to glucose and used as energy for exercise and as essential fuel for the brain. All rice is gluten free, making it a great for gluten-sensitive folks. It is a fair source of protein containing all eight amino acids.
2 cups basmati rice
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped french beans
1/4 cup chopped potatoes
1/4 cup green peas
1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1/2 tsp roasted coriander powder
2 chopped green chillies
1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
a pinch chilli powder
a pinch turmeric powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Boil all the vegetables in salt water till done. Keep aside.
- Cook the rice and keep aside.
- Make the paste of coriander, mint leaves and green chillies and keep aside.
- Take a kadhai and put oil in it.
- When the oil becomes hot put hing and ground paste, then add boiled vegetables and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then put coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and chilli powder and saute for 1 minute.
- Now add cooked rice and mix well.
- Serve hot with curd or raita.