Shankar Pale, this a very tasty jar snack recipe for kids. You can pack this as a tiffin snack or serve as anytime snack. The addition of milk in the dough for the Shankar Pale gives it a nice flavour. These Shankar Pale are crunchy and tasty to bite into. Shankar Pale are specially famous during the festival of lights (Diwali) celebrated in India.
Milk promotes strong bones, thanks to the presence of calcium as well as of vitamin D, which help in bone formation. This is the reason why small children must drink at least 2 glasses of milk daily. Consuming milk and milk products on a daily basis has a lot of health benefits as it is said to be a complete food. Warm milk helps induce sleep, due to the presence of tryptophan, which has the property of inducing sleep. Also the warmth of milk raises our body temperature and give sound sleep. Warm milk needs to be heated to the extent where it can be drunk comfortably.
Ghee helps balance excess stomach acid, and helps repair the mucus lining of the stomach. Ghee contains butyric acid, a fatty acid that has anti-viral and anti-cancer properties.
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tbsp ghee
oil for deep frying
2 tsp rice flour
- Heat the milk in a deep pan.
- When milk becomes hot add sugar and ghee.
- Stir till sugar dissolves and ghee melts.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes,then add the plain flour and rice flour and knead into a soft dough,keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 5 portions.
- Then roll all the portions one after another and cut into square shape or any shape of your choice.
- Deep fry the shankar pale on a low flame till light brown in colour.
- Drain on to an absorbent paper.
- Cool and serve or store in an air tight container.