This is a simple snack which tastes amazing! It is a great dish for potato-lovers as it is loaded with the taste of potatoes. This is a crispy potato delight which can be enjoyed s a evening snack.The spices and dry fruits add a twist to this snack!
Potatoes as a very good source of vitamin C, a good source of vitamin B6, copper, potassium, manganese, and dietary fiber. Raw potato juice taken 1 or 2 teaspoon before meals relieves the pain caused due to rheumatism, in stomach and intestinal disorders.
Cashew nuts contain significant amounts of phytochemicals with antioxidant properties that protects the body from cancer and heart disease. These nuts are also good sources of protein.
The natural sugars of raisins are a great source of energy and come packaged together with fiber and other nutrients. Raisins have been successfully used as part of diets to lower blood cholesterol and prevent its damaging oxidation.
Peanuts are a good source of protein and mono saturated fats, a type of fat that is given weight for healthy heart diet. Chewing peanuts with a pinch of salt strengthens the gums. Eating a handful of peanuts helps underweight people.
4 to 5 large potatoes
salt to taste
2 tsp peanuts
2 tsp cashewnuts
2 tsp raisins
2 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
1 tsp powdered sugar
oil for deep frying
1/4 tsp chaat masala
a pinch of pepper
a pinch of chilli powder
- Peel, wash and grate the potatoes and keep in the water.
- Take a kadhai and roast peanut and cashew nuts separately. After some time remove the peanuts skin.
- Heat the oil in the kadhai and fry the red chillies and keep aside.
- Remove the grated potatoes from water and pat dry using cloth.
- Deep fry the grated potato till they become crisp. Drain onto the absorbent paper.
- Take a big bowl and mix fried red chillies
- (break into pieces),peanuts,cashew nuts,raisins, salt powdered sugar and fried grated potato and mix well.
- After it cools serve with or without chaat masala.