This is a delicious and healthy light snack dominated by the exclusive taste of coconut. While the coconut gives the green peas a soothing flavour, the tempering of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger and chillies ensure a splash of excitement too.
Green peas serve as a very good source of folic acid and a good source of vitamin B6. They are a very good source of vitamin K and dietary fiber. Nature packages green peas in several different forms all of which have a vibrantly delicious flavor, wonderful texture and a wealth of health-promoting nutrients
Coconut is a tropical fruit that is rich in protein. The meat of the coconut is very good in destroying intestinal parasites that we get from eating infected food. Coconut water is rich in potassium too. Coconut milk from the mature coconut is used to make Virgin Coconut Oil, VCO can help prevent and treat minor ailments.
2 cups green peas
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp chopped green chillies
a few curry leaves
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch asafoetida
1/4 cup grated coconut
2 tsp lemon juice
- Boil green peas in salted water till done and keep aside.
- Take a deep pan and put oil in it,when oil becomes hot put mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, ginger, green chillies and saute for one minute.
- Add the onions and saute for 4-5 minutes or till it becomes light brown.
- Add boiled green peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Take it out in serving bowl, add grated fresh coconut and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.