Red carrot, a storehouse of vitamin A, combines beautifully with Fenugreek leaves in this simple subzi. This is a delectable and nutritious subzi! This recipe is easy to make and very healthy too. It can be eaten with jowar roti, chapati and fulka. Instead of red carrots, you can even use carrots.
Rich in vitamin B complex and carotene, red carrots enhance the immune system, and improve eyesight and skin health. It boosts the immunity and fights against infection. It also fights against Bronchitis and Anaemia and helps prevent heart disease and some cancers.
Traditional healers recommend that people suffering from digestive problems eat Methi leaves. It also helps you lose weight and reduces dullness, dizziness and drowsiness. It heals mouth ulcers. An infusion of the leaves can be used as a gargle. A very good food for blood formation for adolescent girls to pregnant mothers. Thus, prevents anaemia.
2 cups chopped fenugreek
1 cup chopped carrots
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch asafoetida
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp Roasted peanuts powder
a pinch freshly ground black pepper powder
a pinch turmeric powder
- Heat the kadhai and put oil,when oil becomes hot put mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and curry leaves.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the carrots and a cup of water, mix well and add the salt and cook covered until carrot is cooked.
- When carrot is done add chilli powder,cumin powder, pepper. Peanut powder and cook for a minute.
- Serve hot.