This is an extremely delicious and tasty snack which has Maharashtrian taste to it. This is our unique family dish! This besan (gram flour) dish when garnished with coconut and coriander makes the perfect delicacy!
1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp coriander powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
1 tbsp desiccated coconut
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
chopped coriander for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric powder, asafoetida, water, chilli powder,coriander powder and salt and mix well.
- When water start boiling add besan with little water to avoid lumps or balls, while stirring immediately.
- Keep stirring for 4-5 minutes.
- Take one greased thali and transfer cooked besan in it.
- Then flatten with your fingers.
- Cut into square shape or any shape of your choice.
- Garnish with coriander and coconut.
- Serve hot.