Tempt your palate with an aromatic and flavoursome rice recipe.This rice can be accompanied with raita, curds and green chutney .The flavour of the mint with green chillies and coriander is a perfect combo! This is a great option as a lunch box recipe.
Coriander is considered an aid to the digestive system. It is an appetite stimulant and aids in the secretion of gastric juices.Coriander has pain-relieving properties and is useful for headaches, muscle pain, stiffness and arthritis. Coriander is useful as a tea, because of its helpful effects on the digestive tract, and is good for increasing appetite, and relieving nausea.
Mint tea is a strong diuretic. Mint also aids digestion, in a way that it breaks down the fats. In recent years, it has been often recommended for treating obesity.Mint was originally used as a medicinal herb to treat stomach ache and chest pains, and it is commonly used in the form of tea as a home remedy to help alleviate stomach pain.
Rice has no fat, no cholesterol and is sodium free. It is an excellent food to include in a balanced diet. A good source of vitamins and minerals such as thiamine, niacin, iron, riboflavin, vitamin D and calcium Rice is a low-sodium food for those with hypertension. Rice is completely non-allergenic. It is the grain for people with digestive problems
2 cups long grained rice (basmati)
salt to taste
2 green chillies
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
1/2 tsp coriander powder
a pinch red chilli powder
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
a few curry leaves
a pinch turmeric powder
a pinch garam masala
a pinch asafoetida
- Pressure cook the rice till 2 whistles on medium heat.
- Remove from cooker when steam escapes and let it cool.
- Take a mixer and grind mint coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Now heat the deep pan and put oil when oil becomes hot add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,curry leaves,turmeric powder,hing,and the mint and coriander, chilli paste.
- Saute for 20 seconds and add coriander powder and cooked rice garam masala and salt.
- Mix well and cook for one minute or till it becomes hot.
- Serve hot.