Jowar is the Indian name for sorghum, a cereal grain native to Africa. Instead of the usual broken wheat upma, this Jowar Dalia Delight is a healthier and tastier option. It is gluten-free and nutritious too! The combination of Jowar Dalia and the vegetables and spices is a mouth-watering combo loved by all! This is an easy to make but tasty to eat recipe!
Jowar is rich in antioxidants and all varieties are gluten-free, an attractive alternative for wheat allergy sufferers. Jowar is a nutritious cereal with plenty of protein, iron and fibre. High-fiber foods like Jowar may lower your risk of heart disease.
2 cups jowar dalia
2 green chopped chillies
few curry leaves
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp finely chopped carrot
1 tbsp corn
1 tbsp green peas
1/4 tsp roasted coriander and cumin powder
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
a pinch of turmeric
water as required
1. Take a deep pan and put the oil in it. When the oil becomes hot, put some mustard seeds in it and wait till they splutter.
2. Then add turmeric powder, green chillies, curry leaves and all the vegetables and saute for 5-7 minutes.
3. Then, add the dalia and roast for 10 minutes on medium heat.
4. Then add hot water (approximately 3 cups).
5. Add the salt and coriander and cumin powder and cook till done stirring occasionally (and add water if required based on the consistency).
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
7. Serve hot. Enjoy!