Tomato and Onion Thalipeeth is full of taste and is quick and easy to make too! Besan and Jowar flour with tomatoes and onion and simple spices creates a delicious snack that can be had a breakfast, lunch or as a tiffin snack. It is a quick to make, healthy one dish meal which can be enjoyed by all! Tastes best when served with curds and chutneys.
White millet flour is a gluten-free, high-protein, cholesterol-free source of a variety of essential nutrients, including dietary fibre, iron, phosphorus and thiamine.Being highly alkaline in nature, it is known to be very good for those having acidity problems.
Tomatoes contain compounds that have been proven to help prevent diseases like cancer, heart disease, cataracts etc. Tomatoes are low in fat and calories, sodium- and cholesterol-free. Tomatoes are good in the development of healthy teeth, bones, skin and hair; lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels and possibly reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Onions are very much valuable for people having high cholesterol levels or suffering from heart disorders. Onions are a very good source of vitamin C, chromium and dietary fiber. They are also a good source of manganese, molybdenum, vitamin B6, and folate, potassium, phosphorous and copper.
1 cup jowar (white millet) flour
2 tbsp cup besan
1 chopped tomato
1 finely chopped onion
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp roasted coriander and cumin powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
salt to taste
oil for cooking
- Mix all the above ingredients except oil and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 to 4 balls and keep aside.
- Take a ball and put it on the greased griddle and flatten it with your hand till it becomes medium chapati size.
- Make 4-5 holes with your finger and put little oil in each hole.
- Cook both sides on medium heat, till it becomes light brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining balls to make more thalipeeths.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!