This foxtail millet delight is an extremely delicious dish that can be eaten for breakfast or lunch. The combination of the foxtail millet with various vegetables and spices makes a perfect dish. The added lemon juice gives a tinge of tanginess and adds to the wonderful flavour.
Foxtail millets are rich in calories that provide energy and strength to the body to perform activities. It has good amount of fiber content, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and carbohydrates. It does not have sugar in any form. Foxtail millet is a diabetic food.
1 cup fox millet (soaked for 1 hour)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped tomato
2 green chillies chopped
1/4 cup boiled green peas
1 tbsp finely chopped carrot
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp.mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 tsp coriander and cumin powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
water as required
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Take a deep pan and put the oil in it. When the oil becomes hot, put some mustard seeds in it and wait till they splutter.
2. Then add turmeric powder, green chillies and all the vegetables and saute for 5-7 minutes.
3. Then, add the millet and water (as required) and cook for 30 minutes on low flame.
5. Add the salt and coriander and cumin powder and cook till done stirring occasionally (and add water if required based on the consistency).
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
7. Serve hot. Enjoy!