This recipe is a very easy one! It is a healthy breakfast recipe which is diabetic-friendly. The fenugreek seeds add an amazing flavour to this dosa. It can be easily digested due to the millet. It tastes best when eaten with a dry chutney!
Foxtail millets are rich in calories that provide energy and strength to the body to perform activities. It has good amount of fiber content, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and carbohydrates. It does not have sugar in any form. Foxtail millet is a diabetic food.
3 cups fox millet
1 cup black lentils (urad dal)
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
water for soaking/as required
salt to taste
oil as required
1. Soak millets, fenugreek seeds and dal for 4-6 hours.
2. Grind to a fine paste adding water as required.
3. Keep the mixture aside for 6-8 hours for fermentation.
4. Add salt, and add water for perfect consistency.
5. Heat a griddle and grease with oil, spread spoonful of batter to make a small dosa.
6. Cook using oil till golden brown.
7. Serve hot with and dry chutney (such as: Coriander Chutney) / potato curry/ ketchup/ coconut chutney. Enjoy!