Black eye beans curry is a recipe is a very famous recipe in Maharashtra. Masala black eyed beans is packed with flavour and has an irresistible aroma. The peanut powder imparts a rich taste to the black eyed peas. The lemon juice adds a tang to this amazing masala black eyed beans recipe! This recipe is sure to tingle your taste buds!
Black eyed beans are rich in the best sort of fibre – soluble fibre – which helps to eliminate cholesterol from the body. Black eyed beans beans supply high quality protein, which provides a healthy alternative to animal protein. Pulses are an excellent source of potassium, which contributes to a regular heart beat, regulates transfer of nutrients to cells, controls water balance and helps regulate blood pressure.
2 cups black eyed beans
4-5 cups water
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp roasted peanut powder
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander and jeera powder
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
water as required (to adjust consistency)
1. Wash and clean the black eyed beans.
2. Add 4-5 cups of water and salt as required and pressure cook for 4 whistles on low flame.
3. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
4. Take a deep pan and add oil. When the oil becomes hot, add mustard seeds and wait till they splutter. Then add turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder and roasted peanut powder and coriander and jeera powder.
5. Then put the cooked black eyes beans in the deep pan.
6. Add a little water if required.
7. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
8. Garnish with lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well.
9. Serve hot with any Indian flatbread like (chapati, roti, phulka, etc.) or rice! Enjoy! You can serve this with onion wedges and pickle.