This is a must-try recipe. It is extremely delicious and easy to make too. Also, it can be eaten at all times- breakfast, lunch or dinner! These delicious whole wheat parathas are stuffed with a flavourful mashed potatoes. These are best enjoyed with ketchup or green chutney.
Potatoes are a very good source of vitamin C, a good source of vitamin B6, copper, potassium, manganese, and dietary fiber. Raw juice applied externally cures skin blemishes.
For the stuffing
1 bowl boiled and mashed potatoes (3-4 potatoes)
2 tsp coriander and cumin seeds powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
a pinch of garam masala
salt to taste
For the dough
1 bowl whole wheat flour
water as required (to knead)
2 tbsp oil (for cooking)
1. Combine the flour with enough water and knead into a semi-stiff dough. Cover and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes. Divide into 6 equal portions.
2. Combine all the stuffing ingredients. Mix well.
3. Then divide into 6 equal portions.
4. Roll 1 portion of the dough in to a small circle. Put a portion of the above stuffing in the middle, and close it by bringing all the edges in the middle and roll it again to make it a paratha.
5. Heat a tava and cook the paratha on both the sides till light brown in colour using a little oil.
6. Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
7. Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney. Enjoy!