This recipe is a filling, easy to make recipe which can be enjoyed by all for lunch or dinner. The creamy dal, cooked dough and spices make a combination that is outstanding. When served with ghee and pickle, this delicious recipe becomes even more delicious!
It provides many of the nutrients your body needs, such as protein, fat and carbohydrates. It is especially rich in protein, the building block of good health. It also has a good amount of iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium and B vitamins. It is high in dietary fibre, low in saturated fat, and cholesterol free.
This is my grandma’s special dish that my whole family loves. All her dishes are very delectable and healthy and this is my favourite ❤
1 bowl cooked toordal
1 tbsp tamarind pulp
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp curry leaves
1 tsp coriander and cumin powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
For the dough
1 bowl whole wheat flour
water as required (to make a soft dough)
1. Take a deep pan and put oil in it.
2. When the oil becomes hot put mustard seeds, curry leaves and some turmeric.
3. Add approximately 1 and 1/2 litre water and the cooked and mashed dal.
4. Mix well and add chilli powder, coriander and cumin powder, tamarind pulp and salt.
5. Take the dough and make 6-8 balls.
6. Roll into a thin chapati and cut into square or diamond shaped pieces.
7. Put the pieces into the dal.
8. Do the same with the remaining dough balls.
9. Each time you add the pieces, mix well.
10. Cook for five minutes stirring occasionally.
11. Serve hot with ghee/butter & pickle. Enjoy!!