Coconut is a tropical fruit that is rich in protein.The meat of the coconut is very good in destroying intestinal parasites that we get from eating infected food.
Jaggery is a rich source of iron.It also contains many minerals salts not found in ordinary sugar. Indian Ayurvedic medicine considers jaggery to be a wholesome sugar beneficial to health. Ayurveda also considers jaggery to be beneficial in treating throat and lung infections.
2 cups finely crushed fresh coconut
2 cups grated jaggery
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Little ghee for greasing
1 tbsp. ghee
- Heat ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the coconut and saute for a minute stirring continuously.
- Add jaggery, cardamom powder and sugar and cook till thick.
- Grease a plate with a little ghee and put the mixture into it.
- Flatten it with your palm or with a back of the spoon and let it cool.
- Cut into desired shape and enjoy!