This is a very healthy and delicious recipe. Instead of using rava, using Barnyard Millet, makes it very healthy! It is a diabetic friendly recipe as well!
Nutritionally barnyard millet is a superior grain with good amounts of macro nutrients and dietary fiber. It is an important grain, which possesses good cooking and sensory qualities. Barnyard millet is low in calory and high in fiber. Barnyard millet is a gluten free and good source of iron. It is low in glycemic index and high in protein.
3 cups barnyard millet
1 cup black lentils
salt to taste
oil for greasing
1. Soak both the ingredients for 3 to 4 hrs.
2. Grind coarsely.
3. Keep aside for fermentation (6 to 8) hrs.
4. Take the idly cooker. Then, grease each plate of idly stand with cooking oil.
5. Pour water in the cooker and keep on flame.
6. Pour the batter into the idli maker (1 tbsp per slot)
7. Keep the idli stand in the cooker, and steam the idlis for to 12-14 minutes.
8. Serve hot with sambar or chutney! Enjoy!