This Maharashtrian Masala Flat Bread is easy to make and uses minimal ingredients. It is a homely and easy to make recipe. The spices make this roti even more flavourful than the normal jowar roti. It tastes best when eaten with flax seeds chutney, curd, pickle, etc.
Jowar flour is a gluten-free, high-protein, cholesterol-free source of a variety of essential nutrients, including dietary fibre, iron, phosphorus and thiamine. Being highly alkaline in nature, it is known to be very good for those having acidity problems.
2 cups jowar flour (white millet/sorghum flour)
1/4 cup gram flour
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp roasted cumin and coriander powder
oil as required (for roasting)
salt to taste
lukewarm water to mix the dough
1. Mix all the above ingredients.
2. Add lukewarm water and knead into a soft dough.
3. Make small balls of the dough, and place it on a dusted rolling board and flatten using your hands with a continuous circular tapping motion.
4. Lift with both hands, and place it on the griddle.
5. Spread a little water on the top of the roti.
6. Turn the roti, and then put oil on both the sides till golden brown in colour.
7. Serve with curd, pickle or chutney!